Monday, October 31, 2005

Intro - the point

What's the point? Nothing, really. Blogs are usually the rantings of people who can't write, about things that make no sense, written for no one in particular. This blog will be no exception.

Ok, the real point. I have nine cats in my house. Nine. Most of them live there all of the time, though some come and go like vagrants looking for a meal and warm, dry place to sleep. You might be able to reason with a vagrant, but there is no reasoning with these animals. They love to be exactly where you don't want them. They love to knock over things that need to be standing. They love to eat food that doesn't belong to them. They love leaving headless chipmunks on my doorstep. They love urinating in my bathtub. They love drinking out of the kitchen sink while avoiding their water bowl. They love to cough up their dinner at 11pm. They love to cough up hairballs just before I eat breakfast. They love to destroy anything made of paper, wire, or wood. My doorframes are mangled. My carpet is frayed. My couches look like something you'd be embarassed to leave at the end of your driveway. These beasts have eaten 2 pairs of my daughter's headphones. They have destroyed my son's homework. They are a household version of Mongolian invaders.

And I pay money to keep these creatures fed. The real insanity, it would seem, is in me.

What follows will be introduction to these animals and the havoc they create in my life. Those with weak constitutions should find something else to read.

1 Comments:

Blogger cunninghamjc said...

you are going to have to put pics up with this blog...we simpletons are visually stimulated.

November 01, 2005 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home